Thursday, December 25, 2003

woof... where do i start? i guess Merry Christmas? hahaha, but seriously, i hope it rocked for one and all out there. Christmas for me was... good. no, that's a lie. i mean, nothing horribly drastic went wrong... i got the gifts i hoped for, the food was excellent, the hanging out was sweet (err, "spicy" is the new "sweet", eh Kristeen? :) ), and it's happening all again in 2 days when my rellies from the interior come down! hurrah! erm.... i'm sorry, i'm not being sarcastic, really i'm not. i honestly DID enjoy Christmas and i seriously DO love seeing my family and doing the whole kit 'n kaboodle this time a year, but i'm so empty. gosh, i'm empty. more than that, i'm rebellious. and bitter. crap, if there's anything i hate it's when i'm bitter. my thorn has been jammed in me deep, and i guess it's hard not to notice. it's like there's such a battle that wages war in me. Jesus has one arm and Satan has the other and they argue over who gets me. and the frustrating thing is, i'm really not resisting the devil that much. because what he has to offer sometimes seems so worthwhile, so beautiful. but yuck, what an awful, disgusting thing it really is.
hmmm... i feel as though I have a lot more to say, like about daily giving 100%, making a conscious decision to live for Yeshua, and to really honestly DO the things He's placed on my heart to do... but i think i'm gonna take a shower, read le Bible, and be back. hopefully :) talk to you guys soon!
Janelle
"seek the Lord while He may be found..."

2 comments:

Talayna said...

I think this would go down as one of my faves. Such an honest place to be found, and where I find myself far too often. Satan is SO GOOD at making himself look good, I just wish I didn't buy into it as much. ("The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10). Oh Lord thank you for the reminder that everyone struggles. Let us stop believing the lies.

Talayna said...

I think this would go down as one of my faves. Such an honest place to be found, and where I find myself far too often. Satan is SO GOOD at making himself look good, I just wish I didn't buy into it as much. ("The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10). Oh Lord thank you for the reminder that everyone struggles. Let us stop believing the lies.