Thursday, January 08, 2004

Hey all! Here are some poems that i've written recently... :)

Revealed Identity
Will you dance with me?
Tap out this fearful melody
Across the floor of all my dreams
Can you dance with me?

Will you walk with me?
Hand in hand beside the sea
Painting out sweet nature’s themes
Can you walk with me?

Will you laugh with me?
Dispel the darkest insanity
Chuckle at mischievous schemes
Can you laugh with me?

Will you sing with me?
Whistle soft the harmony
Musical scales, crescendoed moonbeams
Can you sing with me?

And will you speak to me?
Whisper dear truths of eternity
Endless phrase and sentence streams
Please, come speak, to me

Freedom’s Songbird

I carry a finch in my pocket
A fragile little thing
She’s not much bigger than a mite
Yet everything makes her sing

Sometimes she chirps so loud
And beats her feisty wings
I think she wants out of my pocket
Her pecking is starting to sting

Up, aloof, beyond the sun
She soars so high and perches proud
Inspired, accepted, life is good
The faintest dreams are sung aloud

Far beneath the airborne finch
Desperate cries are heard
She circles slowly, listen now
She hears the cry, but what’s the word?

Trapped, imprisoned are the sparrows
Legs in nets and wings near broken
Bloody beaks sing not of joy
Only sheer pain is spoken

My finch, she pauses for a moment
Up here the sky is so blue
How could she leave it for that mess?
But what else can she do?

She touches down, alert and ready
Wasteland as far as she can see
Down here things sure aren’t pretty
But it’s where she needs to be


A Girl’s Best Friend

Cut an diamond
From a rock
How sheer and crisp
It rests
Each edge perfected
Vastly stunning
Is it brilliance
Majestically asserted, see
It shimmers upon
Velvet bed
But drop that diamond
In the ocean
Let it become dimmed
Pounding waves of
Crushing force
Smooth every corner
Down
Pounded against
Rock and shore
This little jewel
Groans
Sand in its cracks
Oily seaweed
Steals its gleam
Berated and numbed of
Excellence
For when you toss
Gems to the sea
Their preciousness
Is lost
And any opal
Pearl
Or ruby
Looks like
Any other rock

Nature’s Symphony


Take me up to the mountain
To the floods of flowing fountains

Let it rain

Under the fir find shelter
Leaves run helter skelter

Let it snow

Trim the peaks with smothered silence
Attack the valley with ashen vengeance

Let it sun

Victorious, rise up in conquest
Pursued, tumble into the west

Let it storm

Flatted ferns with exhalation
Forked shocks and thundering perspiration

Let it hail

Sleeted sheets not rain nor snow
Frozen orbs, look out below!

Be still

To hold the heavens of passionate weather
To quiet the bird of quivering feather
I do not hold within my grasp
The keys to such forbidden task

No comments: