Wednesday, August 11, 2004

hey folks,
jEF, i can't seem to post on your blog for some reason. but i loved your yesterday's entry. totally what i've been feeling... just wanting to experience completely everything in this world. to see the footprints our Creator made when He danced His Spirit over this earth. remarkable.
Man, today was an interesting day. to be perfectly honest, it sucked. I've always commented that i'd way rather be physically broken than emotionally broken, but today's horrendous back, neck, and leg pain could have rallied its way up there with heartaches and that sorta stuff. and then i went to the doctor's (for a different reason than the aches I had during the day) and i found out that i have a heart murmer and maybe some other stuff. It's like, just before I leave on this outdoor adventure wilderness challenging athletic program in less than a month my body takes a brutal beating. And then I have to go for x-rays, blood tests, a echo thing, and an ultrasound. i've been praying that God would give me too much to handle so that I HAVE to rely on Him. i've got a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease. and once again He's reminded me of 2 Corinthians 12... Paul's thorn in his flesh. May I learn to delight in these trials. Me of little faith...

..."To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so where is this super long interesting entry all about your school???? Huh? I want you sitting at your computer and typing it on the double, got it? ;)

I'm impatient, okay? Plus I wanna see how you're doing...((((hugs))))

Lindsay