Saturday, September 17, 2005

another moment of divinity.
secluded, late at night, and in a room I often pass by, I sat.
i didn't even take a full breath in when Jesus sat in front of me.
and He touched me.
and I am blessed. loved! chosen.
utterly incompetant and frustratingly unfaithful.
but He wants me. me. I could barely breathe now for His face was so close to mine.
i didn't come to pray. not to thank Him or even to talk.
i really didn't even intend to see Him tonight.
and He didn't come to chastise. i don't even remember what He said.
or if He spoke.
but He was there. just... there.
and i wanted--needed--nothing else

For the Lord, our God, He is holy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't absolutly awesome when you feel the presence of the spirit of God so near. Your right though, it's beyond words. You are unable to speak. I to want to experice Christ like that everyday!! Blessings JILL.