Saturday, April 07, 2012

Didja miss me? I know it's been a bit since I've posted... I was just waiting for something update-worthy to crop up :). And it did!
We have been referred to Dr. Farquarson at RCH and I have my first ultrasound with him on April 19th. Woot! So until then we've just been carrying on, business as usual: I'm working; we're beautifying the house and starting to make a dent in the landscape and garden projects; Baby is happy; the sun is shining!
The spring weather called David and I outside yesterday (I had to work but came home in the middle of the day for a bit... 'cause I can do that on Good Friday when there ain't a fellow soul on the ranch ;)), and we decided to go for a lovely bike ride around town. Splendid! We found the only gas station left in the world with FREE AIR, filled our tires generously, and headed out.
About 30 minutes in we decided to cut through the mall parking lot. David was in front of me and he gracefully demonstrated how to jump the curb. I attempted to follow suit, but ended up performing a pretty awesome wipe out RIGHT in front of the mall entrance. I'm so cool.
David made it to my side in a millisecond and examined my road rash--it started at my foot and touched down on my ankle, calf, thigh, wrist, jaw, cheekbone, temple and ear. Within minutes Baby started ninja-kicking, so we were relieved that he or she was a-ok! We got back in the saddle, made a few stops for groceries, and headed home.
Twenty four hours later... The colour and pain in my wrist had escalated so I popped into the clinic, where the Doc recommended a trip to Emerg.
So here I am. Yay! Happy Easter Eve...
The nice thing is that they sent me up to Maternity for a full stress test and everything came back great. Baby was dancing around, both our heart rates were normal, and I'm measuring exactly where I should be.
... So now it's just waiting to get in for X-rays. It's sad that there are only two of us in the waiting room, that we've been here over an hour, and that the same two of us are still here. Seriously?! I guess that's the payoff for free health care...
I wish I could post pics on here so I could show you the technicoloured piece of art that is my wrist-slash-hand...

No comments: