Saturday, July 21, 2012

Officially full term!

Woo hoo! As of tomorrow I am officially full term! Way to go, Squirrel, for cooking happily in my belly this whole time! The weather has been very hot and muggy but oh so lovely. It definitely helps that my aunt and uncle graciously let us swim in their pool every day. Usually I'll walk to the pool (and get all hot and sticky on the way) and meet David there when he's finished work. It's a great system and a huge blessing! Our little guy seems to love it when I swim as he kicks up a storm and tries to poke limbs through my skin. I always find it entertaining that he is swimming in me while I'm swimming in the pool--albeit, I'm not swimming in my own pee ;). We are all ready to have this little guy. You hear that, Squirrel? You can come out now; your daddy and I want to meet you!! The carseat is in, the hospital bags are packed, the freezer is stocked, the nursery is set up, and the Braxton Hicks contractions are happening frequently. I suck at waiting. But it's been a marvelous summer! Besides all the sun, sleep and social time I've been getting, David and I have had a number of fun special date times. Last week he took me to the Boathouse for a lovely dinner followed by a walk around Rocky Point. I touched a Canadian Goose! ... She didn't seem to care :). David got Friday off at the last minute, so we went and saw "The Dark Knight Rises" in IMAX with David's dad, and then today I was able to surprise David with AMAZING foot massages! We've been so grateful for all the special times together we've been able to enjoy--we know that it might be a while before we can do date-y things! We spend most evenings going for long walks or playing board games. He's so good to me! And boy, he is going to make one heckuva great dad! So come out, little one, and meet your daddy--he can't wait to finally hold you! We thank the Lord every single day for you and the joy you already bring us!

No comments: