Friday, May 07, 2004

-exerpt from mine and Jesus' morning convo-

God: "I tell you, NOW is the time of God's favour, NOW is the day of salvation!" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Me: Yes Lord! Man, my spirit groans within me... I present myself as a living sacrifice, but for some reason I keep crawling off the altar! I long for 100% total devotion, but my interests are so divided... my focus is blurred and I've become so worldly.

God: "No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--she wants to please her commanding officer" (2 Tim. 2:4) And also, "What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For you are the temple of the living God!" (2 Cor. 2:16)

Me: Man, I'm the temple of THE LIVING GOD, yet I stumble in following Him because I'm disctracted by my armful of idols. Father, bring me to that place of undivided focus! I miss You... the REAL You. I want to experience ALL of You! The sufferings and trials, the intercession, the miracles, the worship, the glory, the fellowship and community, the power, and the righteousness!

God: "Rather, as a servant of God, you commend yourself in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weaposn ofrighteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonour, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, yet possessing everything. (2 Cor. 6:4-10)

Me: I want to be a freedom fighter and advance on the gates of hell, retrieving the lost and bringing them into the Kingdom! Set the captives free ... yes, Lord. I want to proclaim the Good News to all the nations.

God: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..." (Romans 10:15)

Me: I want to be able to give all that I have and am to the poor, the widows, the broken, the orphans, the outcasts.

God: "The Spirit of the Lord is on you, because He has anointed you to preach good news to the poor. He has sent you to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour." (Luke 4:18-19)...

Let It Be.

"As God has said, 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be My people." (2 Cor. 6:17)

No comments: