Sunday, April 25, 2004

why must we obey that which we don't understand? i cannot see the result of my actions. i cannot look at my whole life as a map of winding roads and destinations, swamp lands and highways, mountain ranges and rocky beaches... I don't know where roads lead and paths connect. i'm glad i don't! i like life as an adventure.
sometimes i don't like being set apart. especially recently. it makes me confused and hurt and bitter and frustrated and emotional. but i know there's soooo much more that God's got planned for me, that I can't even see.
"those who obey my teachings are truly My disciples..." (Mark 8:34a)
I've never really pictured obedience as paramount in my walk with God. i mean, sure, it's there and there are things that I do and think later that i disobeyed Him, but just things like flipping out at my mom, or being a jerk to a friend, or wasting my time here on earth. but like, i don't really hear from God, so I never know day-to-day, what He wants me to do. so obedience for me is just more like trying to live each day under a shroud of worship and surrender my problems and worries to Him. so i long to actually hear His voice directing me where to go and what to do. but when that voice comes, am I too leery to trust and obey? hmm..

Oh Jesus, may the whole earth rise up in worship to You! May the trees dance and the birds dive and the creatures cry out. You said that if we stopped praising You the rocks would open up and praise You because Your creation cannot be silent before Your awesomeness.

"God, let me never let the rocks cry out louder than the voice You've given me! As long as I have breath to breathe, my lips with sing Your praise. Until the day in glory when I find the sweetest melody with words to rhyme, as long as I have breath to breathe, i will sing Your praise."

take me. break me. shape me. remake me. direct me. lead me.

for Your glory! You are so beautiful! Be ever near, sweet Messiah... Abba Father... je vous aime

1 John 4:18... perfect love

No comments: