Friday, November 14, 2003

Oh dear sweet pickles, this whole blogging thing is way over me head! golly, it took me sooo long to find this page! hahaha, but anyway. Haha, first of all, I have to tell you guys something that happened in chapel this morning. Ev Shroeder was the speaker and she was talking about hearing the voice of God. She mentioned something about how Jesus is the shepherd and his sheep know his voice. At the end she led us in a listening prayer... she was like "ok, everyone ask God what he thinks about you and see what he says."
God was like "you're not a sheep, you're a goat!"
ok, so the first thing that comes into my mind? that song that goes "sheep go to heaven... goats go to hell"
i was like "what the crack am I smoking?"
God says: "No no, you're a goat, my little mountaineer. Keep climbing this God mountain"
it was pretty radical. and hilarious.
I think the best thing for me to do every morning is to open my eyes and say "It's not about me" before i even get out of bed. and then do some sweet action praying that i'd remember that throughout the day!
dudes, something that the Lord's been teaching to me is the importance of being vulnerable. just recently i've recognized how closed off i've become to so many people, even my tight friends. there's such a freedom that comes with being real tho. this is JR, signing out for now. over and out mes amis.

No comments: