Saturday, November 15, 2003

Whew, is the rain ever coming down! There's so much about rain that reminds me of Jesus. maybe because rain is the most thought-provoking and emotional weather-type for me :) either way, it's raining in my soul right now. and that's a good thing!
the fish are spawning at the moment and we have rivers that run along both sides of our road and all the way down to 216th. it REEKS of rotting fish. and that smell will stay until the fish are fishined, i mean finished their thing, have died, and a there's a heavy rain fall to sweep 'em all off to the ocean. I remember last year we didn't get a heavy rain until JANUARY. that's a whole 2 months of stinky fish. hopefully this year they won't last around here as long. besides, my dog finds them sweet nectar of life, and that's just wrong.
now's the time for that mighty rain. the time where things look bleak, cold, and univiting, but the result? renewal! the time where the Lord's saying to me "hold onto something... like that Rock! yah, He's my Son.. grab him, cuz here come the big waves!" and woooooooooooosh, just like them stinkin', rotten, scaly corpses, once again He faithfully washes away the dead. and then comes new life!
What's really cool about the fish spawning is how they travel UPstream to where they were born to make it easier for their offspring once they've hatched. It's like we've got to go back to our Creator before the newness can arrive. Sometimes with the stench I forget about what's to come. lots of mini fish! new creations! tons of them! and God said It Is Good.

No comments: