Saturday, November 15, 2003

Worship. golly, so much comes into my mind when i hear that word. The Lord's been teaching me a lot about worship recently. in fact, i've talked to a few others and they've been learning more about it too, which is sweet sauce! one of the main things for me is just utter, soul-wrenching, deep-down, 101% pure love. I'm reading I Corinthians right now, and a couple nights ago I read chapter 13. familiar, yes, but exhilarating too! so i hope this isn't sacreligious in some sort of way, but let's replace the word "love" with the word "worship" for verses 4-8.
"Worship is patient. Worship is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Worship does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Worship never fails."
Wow. If I lived like that, worshipped like that... well, it sure would have an impact those in contact with me! now if the church lived like that, worshipped like that.... dear sweet beans, what a mind-boggling thought!
God is love! amen? so put His name in there:
"Jehovah is patient. Jehovah is kind. He does not envy. He does not boast, He is not proud. He is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. The Lord does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Jesus never fails."
And this is the God of the Spirit inside us, inside me! As I said before, mind-boggling and super duper impactful!!! Praise the Lord!

No comments: