Monday, November 01, 2004

hey all! I'm currently watching "Alias" and so this might be... a little jittery :)
Ok, so our guys left for Vernon at lunch on Friday. so it was a totally kickin' girl's weekend! Friday night we watched movies and ate junk food. Saturday we slept in and then went to Red Deer to Chapters and Value Village. I found this SWEET black, nice top at VV and I bought it for.. SALSA DANCING! it was the best! it took us a while to get ready, but then we were off to Calgary (1.5 hr drive) to Don Quijote's Salsa Club. It was AWESOME! There were these professionals on the dance floor that would just sorta grab you and teach you the moves. I didn't sit out for any of the songs the whole time we were there! it.. wow... we HAVE to go back!

Then on Sunday (yesterday, halloween), we drove 3 hours to Banff. 17 girls in a 15 passenger van. I sat on the floor... but it was completely safe. A few of us wanted to climb the 8,040 ft Mount Sulfer and then take the gondola back down, so we did. and there were a few inches of snow on the ground and continual flurries. Carma and I got up there before the rest so we spend about 10 mins with our hands under the hot air dryer in the bathroom at the top. it was great fun! Then we all went to the Hot Springs in Banff and chilled (or steamed? lol). Ok, then we drove to Canmore and hung out there for a bit... but 4 of us brought costumes and went Trick-Or-Treating... and it was SNOWING! gah! insanely cool! I was talking to one of my friends all like, "How am I supposed to wear something for Halloween when it's freaking -124 degrees outside???" and Desirae (from Manitoba) pipes up, "You never learned how to fit a Halloween costume over a snowsuit as a child, did you?" and we laughed :)

We got so much candy, esp for only be out for 45 mins. I seriously only saw like 5 kids out there! it was almost 7pm, which really isn't late at all. So that was odd. alot of the people were older and thought we were still in school. one of the girls, Tamara, is from a TINY town in Minnesota and has never T-or-T'ed before, so that was our excuse when some were like, "wow, BIG kids!". :) Don't worry, Mom, this is my last year... I promise!

Our speaker this week is Craig Ginn and he's talking on the Evolution of Historic Christianity and it's actually REALLY interesting. I need to get off now tho... there's a line. Thanks for the emails I've gotten and comments! Miss you all and love you tons.
Greatest need: hand lotion.
Fave tunes: jazz (Louie Armstrong) and Sarah MacLaughlin and Heather Clark's "Dark Yet Lovely"
Pray for a snowstorm here!
Psalm 17:7-8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY almost sister, I miss you so! Now give me your address so I can send you some hand lotion and other goodies! LOL! I love you and will email you today (I hope!) ~ Nic

Anonymous said...

Ok I am a dork - I found your address, I will send a package before the end of the week. Any other requests? Do you need lip balm?

Janelle said...

Nicole! hey! i woke up this morning and was like "gee, i should email Nicole"... so i did! and then i saw that you had commented. and it made me uber happy.

are you serious about the package??? I am SO excited! no joke, everyone here has gotten packages from their friends and family and churches and me and this other girl, Karis, who also never gets any mail, we always encourage each other by saying we'd write letters to each other if we didn't live in the same quarters :) but this wasn't meant to be a guilt trip for anyone who's reading this! i miss you all. ciao for now.

Anonymous said...

HeHe - Of course I am serious about the package... I added some other stuff too, I still have to post it, but I promise to do it either today or tomorrow! I love You! ~ Nic