Thursday, November 25, 2004

Insanely Spaztic kittens and stomach uldulations...

Happy American thanksgiving (we've 4 Staters on our site) and... a month to Christmas!

yes, ok, so there are 5 wild kittens here (here as in at Sylvan Lake. we leave to go back to Evergreen tomorrow). and the kittens are ADORABLE! oh my goodness! some of them are so hairy they are just these little POOFs! i love them! well anyway, they hide under this porch thing. BUT there's this small hole in the porch! so 2 weeks ago Pan was like, "Janal, go under the porch and catch the kitties!" so i was all like, "ok!" and so i went under there TWICE in a day, but both times couldn't even see them because it was so dark. so i saw them suntanning today and ran to get Panny and a container of milk. there was no milk, so i broke some creamers into a plastic bowl and put it right by the porch and then lay on my belly so i could watch for when they came out and then yoink the kitties up when they came out. and it worked! but the first kitten scratched me and got away. then i waited 5 more minutes and 2 more came out! and i snatched one up. and HOLY FRUIT BAT, i have NEVER heard a cat, let alone a wee little kitten, screech SO bloody loud! it was insane! and she was VICIOUS! i wore 5 band-aids all day after that. it was freaking hilarious. i hope you can't catch rabies from feral kittens. i still think they are adorable tho.

guess what we did tonight? we had a lady come in and teach us belly dancing! it was AWESOME! i realized that i don't really have the hips to "shake it", but it was so much fun at the same time. so now i can salsa dance, belly dance, and gangsta dance! wohoo! apparently I have a "dance face" that i always put on, even when we're just goofing around inside dancing. i swear it's not true.

so girl's week was REALLY good. i played poker (texas hold'em) last night for a while with fruit loops as chips. and yesterday all the girls sat down and made a list of 40 questions that we wanted to ask our guys. then we emailed those Q's to the boys at Evergreen and they did the same thing and emailed us Q's! and then we answered them today and our leaders switched camps to go and present the answers. it was really cool and informative!

i'm not sure what i'm doing this weekend... hopefully we'll head into Calgary. I wouldn't be opposed to going to Canmore or Banff, but we've been there 4 times already and we'll be staying there next weekend (gah! our last weekend!), so it'd be nice to have a change. i might just stay at Evergreen, but that might not be fun.

oh my goodness. i just realized that i haven't yet had ONE SINGLE DAY where I haven't gone out or had class or something else planned. other people have opted out of weekend things and stayed at the camps, but i haven't. i bet i'd seriously go insane. it'd be a good time to work on my songs... but at the same time, i don't think i'd like it. hmm, and there's no point in starting now either. especially considering that we only have 13 days left together, so i want to DO things with people the whole time. yep. that's what i'll do then.

Wow, i was reading in Proverbs 30 today and there were 2 verses that really stuck out:
"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give meonly my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonour the name of my God."
It's crazy because I've always SAID, "oh, i don't care about money, blah blah", but i think i really do have a selfish i-need-to-be-very-comfortable-when-i-grow-up mindset. i think i'm gonna challenge myself to pray these verses into my life. hmmm... i find it very hard to be insightful when i'm on a time schedule for the internet! haha! ask me questions when i get home, or email me, and i'll tell you more of what i'm learning. my hearts you.

No comments: