Monday, November 08, 2004

"A voice of one calling in the desert,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
Every valley shall be filled in,

every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
And all mankind will see God's
salvation.'"


There's this river of words of God's wonders and His glory and His hope inside me, yet I can't seem to ever know the words to express it. Recently whenever I've opened my mouth nothing comes out right. It's not that it has to be eloquent and perfect, but what I say doesn't even come close to capturing the passion and the torrentual flood of emotion that's inside. perhaps it's time i learned to speak with my actions... the attention i give someone who's sharing with me probably means so much more than if i have something wise to say after they're finished. and i'd way rather speak sloppily and unprofessionally, but with love than to be this profound speaker that uses creative sentence structure and all.

The idea of speaking has been on my mind alot today, mostly because the teacher we have this week (Melinda ) is making us share not only our life story, but Who Jesus is to us, why we chose Him, why we have hope, and what it means to live for Him in front of the whole group. In my head i'm all like, "Oh, not a problem, we've been trained to do this at camp and in youth group," but when it REALLY comes down to it, i make Jesus sound so cheesy. I just want to hand the group a box that's full of autenticity and passion and examples of Christ and what He does and how He's this undescribable God and Creator and Father and Friend and Teacher and etc. But i have to use words. I haven't even been able to write songs and poems recently either. This is the place I need to be at so that the Lord can teach me how to speak His words and truth continually, using words only if neccessary. wow, can you imagine how important that will be for me in Guatemala? being around millions who don't speak the same language as me? Lord have mercy on me...
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Romans 10:15

"Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done--by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit."
Romans 15:17-19

No comments: