Sunday, November 14, 2004

Soooo... we went to Banff today! It was completely unproductive. We walked around... tried to get free fudge samples but they were out at the places that usually have them. boo for that. my friend, Pan, was going to dye her hair from DARK brown to white-blonde in Banff and I was all excited to live vicariously through her, but... it woulda taken almost 3 hours and they couldn't fit her into their schedule where it worked out with our schedule. So she'll do it next weekend. OH! we're not in Sylvan Lake anymore. we're at Camp Evergreen, in Sundre, AB. So if you want to write to me here (*wink wink*) I'll be located at:
Janelle Robinson
c/o Outtatown
Box 492
Sundre, AB
T0X 1X0

yes. so next weekend we've the option to go to Lake Louise and Canmore and Banff. i think i'll go and stay overnight. pray for snow! Cuz i'd like to snowboard at least one of the days :) we only have 3 more weeks here! But there's SO much more stuff that we want to do here! Next week we're back at Sunnyside for girl's week with the Site 2 girls. and then the next week we're back here. and then we're in Canmore for our ski days. wow, that's nuts. so soon! i miss you all so much tho, but things rock here. anyways, i wrote a song today on the way back from banff and then put chords to it. :) here goes!

Writer's Block
Is it lack of inspiration
Or half-hearted motivation?
The room is too cold
I'm sick of playing in this key
My lyrics are blank
Have I lost the creativity?
Or is it just me?

It couldn't be that I've nothing
To sing about
Hope it's just a temporary drought

My guitar is glaring
And I'm still staring
At this blank page
I've an overwhelming feeling
Of frustration, sends me reeling

It's not fair
That my artistic outlet
Takes sickdays and holidays

2 comments:

shrodes said...

hey janelle, lol interesting song. you should totally go to lake louise! (however that's spelt) i've been there and it's a really pretty lake. the waters like.. aqua green it's awesome. k.. i'll send my letter soon.. i can't find a stamp lol.. anyways.. love you

Anonymous said...

Hey! So I sent that package to you, so it should be coming any day now... mysteries await you in that manilla envelope! Enjoy! I love you! ~ Nic