Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hey! wow, today was awesome fun.
We had class and talked about the importance of small groups. It was very encouraging! then we played on the ice (which is covered in an inch of snow). And then we played football and i took a kidney shot. it was painful, but envigorating. THEN! (drumroll) we spent a long time getting dressed up and went into the town of Sundre to the KickBack Cafe which we rented out for super cheap and got coffee and jet tea and pop and sung karaoke! It was a blast. the only bummer was that we had to leave by 9:45 and we coulda kept singing past midnight. but THEN we came back to Evergreen and ate gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, shortbread, chocolate dipped double chocolate cookies, candy, fudge, chips and salsa and pop. it was awesome. we have so much food left over still, which makes it even more awesome. and we did Secret Santas! AND I GOT YARN! WOHOO! seriously, over 1/2 the group knits and/or crochets and i am DETERMINED to learn BEFORE the first semester is done (er... that gives me about 7 days) and the yarn is a rosy pink... and Megan is giving me her extra pair of knitting needles! and she'll teach me tomorrow (she's reading this over my shoulder... there's literally NO privacy here--i love it! :) ) ahh! i'm picking up peoples anurisms! i mean MANNERISMS. it's hilarious. ooo, and i got a precious moments Christmas colouring book and crayons.. and the book came with sparkly stickers!!! i was so excited.
I'm reading though Zechariah right now, and beans, it's seriously SO cool. I recommend everyone to read it.
that was my inspirational thought for the day. no joke, i cannot be profound on my blog anymore. but i will! i promise! this will be once again transformed into Deep Thoughts By Janelle Kristine once I have a place of peace, quiet, and privacy again. But by that time i may shoot myself for lack of people. seriously, HOW am i supposed to sleep when I get home at Christmas with NO ONE else in my room? I have not slept anywhere by myself for ... ages. i love it. but i don't know what i'll do with myself when i get home. and i have 14 sisters here... with huge wardrobes! we all share clothes! it's brilliant! but i know i'll come home and be like, "where are all my freaking clothes? oh right, they all belong to Xena and Katie and Pan. right."

oh! tomorrow we're making GINGERBREAD HOUSES with our small groups. I am SO excited! I've been asking Jodie (my small group leader) since october if we could make gingerbread houses in December and tomorrow's december and we are! hurrah!

well. it's nearly 1:00 am. and it's Megan's turn on. see you in a week! loves to all.
PS. Paul: get better. get off crutches. hit that loser harder next time. i believe in you. will i make a bad hockey mom one day? hope not. love you.

No comments: