Friday, November 19, 2004

howdy from the snowy (yep, SNOWY!) Sundre! It snowed last night! wohoo! really only like... MAYBE an inch. but hey! snow is snow is snow!

today is our service day here. I'm building a fence! in the snow. oh jolly good fun times. actually, i'm sure it will be a blast. i'm just currently making a mental list of all the many clothes I should put on.

Wow, ok, so we had probably the biggest breakthrough in worship last night! We wanted to focus on encouragement, so me and Joel just played a couple songs and then we all sat in a circle and we'd pick on one person, say all the cool stuff about them, and then pray for them. needless to say, after 2 hours of that, we weren't even quite halfway through the group. so we decided to finish it the next night (tonight). and then the group wanted to sing more songs, but Joel and I hadn't even really practised anything together this week because it was so busy, but they just started throwing songs out at us that they wanted to hear, and we just shrugged and started playing... and it went for over an hour like that! it was awesomely awesome.
and then we watched Alias.

Hmm... what else to say? We're going horseback riding after the service project today! yay! in the snow! wohoo! oh, but lots of people have been getting strangely sick. like where they feel totally fine and then all of the sudden their stomachs cramp up and they just... get sick. it's really odd because they have no other symptoms. and it's been going on for a few days. so hopefully/prayerfully it's nothing serious and they get better soon. well, i must be off!
PS. Thanks for my package, Nicole! you rock my socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SNOW? I have to admit I am extremely jealous of that wonderful white fluff that you have right now! Next time I will send mittens and socks! Don't eat all the candy at once or you might be the one getting sick! I'll send another one soon... let me know if there are any special requests k ? Love you! ~ N